Friday, October 20, 2006

Online Publishing: Ready, Steady - GO!


(Sorry, if you saw this post six times - it all went a bit wobbly jelly.)

Okay, I'll admit it - I like the name Trip Adler, it should be a character's name in your next book, but what I like even more, is that here's someone, who is actively encouraging people to publish online.

It's easy to forget that writing isn't all about freelancing or getting book deals, it's also about people doing what they're compelled to do. We can scoff and many do, but come on - let's admire anyone who does what they love.

NOTE: Don't go on and on about it when I'm around, but do it! I like anyone who is passionate about what they do and I don't care if it's manually sorting chopped liver on an assembly line or writing TV sitcoms. Find what you love and the rest will follow - mental rest that is.

Moving along - John Trip Adler from Harvard, no less, has set up this very professional looking site Trip's Online Site / Name to Follow- the techie side is all a bit over my noodle, but do check it out. Trip has come up with an online space where you can publish your work. It's still new and we don't want to abuse this fledgling site, but do go over have a look; if you think it's for you, drop Trip an email.

I like it - I think it's clean, easy to use, a good idea and void of all that advertising rubbish.

Good luck Trip!

Doesn't anyone want a FREE book? A few more days left for The Squeaking Noodle Competition - see post below. Thanks for all the enquiries about contributing to the Squeak of the Week - keep them coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home