Monday, October 16, 2006

Hot Gossip: Sssh! Don't Say a Word!


I had to buy this limited edition print by the wonderful artist A.V. Phibes. I found her fabulous site recently and just love her work.

You may have seen an earlier post - First Edition Books - Worth Taking a Look!. I think as writers, we all need something to pep us up occasionally and this did it for me. Do pop along to A.V. Phibes' site and have a look. I couldn't keep this one to myself. Her art is so colourful and the HOT GOSSIP 2002 limited edition print I bought is spot on.

I’m always looking for good ideas and stories, and, of course, hot gossip for my work. Instead of some boring pic of writer with keyboard – I think this will do the trick on the wall beside my desk, laptop, coffee cup and millions of bits of paper and junk that sit around me while I work.

My friend bought a great limited edition lithograph of Iggy Pop by David Bowie - I really wish I'd bought one. When he tipped me off, I ummed and argh-ed for ages. I think I missed out. These artworks go quite cheaply and are worth looking out for. They're beautiful and a great investment for anyone who like me, likes art, but doesn't want to sell their family, partner, friends and furniture to get their hands on it.

About A.V. Phibes: "Raised on Mad Magazine and Looney Tunes, A.V. Phibes had no formal art training (unless you count those ten years of art classes.) Raised poor in the deserts of New Mexico, she moved to The Big City in 1998, bought a Mac, taught herself Photoshop and within two years was working full time as a commercial artist. Two years after that, she had her first solo art show.Today she is an award-winning artist, fast-talking businesswoman and gal about town.

Here's more about A.V. Phibes from her website.

Do let me know if you have found something or someone you think we should all hear about and the Squeaking Noodle will pass it on.

Pic courtesy of A.V. Phibes © 2002 HOT GOSSIP - Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home